Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Poem

Spring in New Hampshire
by Claude McKay

Too green the springing April grass, 
Too blue the silver-speckled sky, 
For me to linger here, alas, 
While happy winds go laughing by, 
Wasting the golden hours indoors, 
Washing windows and scrubbing floors. 

Too wonderful the April night, 
Too faintly sweet the first May flowers, 
The stars too gloriously bright, 
For me to spend the evening hours, 
When fields are fresh and streams are leaping, 
Wearied, exhausted, dully sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. This poem caught my attention because it's pointing out all the beautiful things about spring. One line in the poem said "wasting the golden hours indoors" which made me think that sometimes I don't fully appreciate spring and what comes with it because I'm inside either at home or school and I'm missing out on the beautiful things in life.

    ReplyDelete